Thursday, March 10, 2011

Away Mission 1


I am feeling distinctly snubbed.

I went ahead and visited Neverwhere. After reading the (somewhat alarming) rules (DARK, aren't they?) I went ahead and grabbed a HUD to visit. It turned out I had to TP away to actually put on the HUD then come back. That was a bit of a design flaw, though one I can understand.

Initially I started out in my "Faun" body, thinking I could wander around, find people, and enjoy myself that way. After my 8th time falling into a pit or the water (and finding no one) I gave up, figured the water was my destiny, and switched to my mermaid.

The shark pictured to the left was the most meaningful interaction I was able to have. I encountered five people (two pairs of two and a singleton). My efforts to engage in conversation were ignored in every case. It wasn't that they were away from the keyboard, either. I could hear one mermaid discussing with another the question of if she had grown her scales herself or been hexed, and if she was comfortable with them.

All in all, frustrating, and I'm sure it was not very much what the lesson was calling me to learn. I'm unsure what I was doing wrong, but I am not likely to go back to Neverwhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment